• Drilling companies
Advised a Nigerian drilling company on all matters relating to its compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Act, importation and exportation of its Jack up drilling Rigs over a period of 8 years and also interfaced on its behalf with the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) Headquarters and its various Commands on all issues concerning documentation, clearance of its equipment and ancillary customs issues.
• Advised a drilling company on matters relating to importation of its drill ships into Nigeria and issues of payment of customs duty.
• Advised a Shipping company on matters relating to its importation of goods into Nigeria and interfacing with the NCS on its behalf.
• Advised a drilling company over duty imposed on its importation of a drilling rig into Nigeria, challenging the imposition of the duty and successfully arguing before the Central Bank of Nigeria that a Risk Assessment Report issued based on Form M erroneously opened by its Bankers should be cancelled.
• Advised a drilling company in relation to issues with the NCS over importation of equipment required for the Free Zone Area but erroneously brought in on a Form M with duty imposed after a Risk Assessment Report was raised.
• Advised a Shipping company in its dispute with the Nigerian Customs Service over importation of a vessel into Nigeria for which the NCS elected to impose duty.
• Advised an oil services company on its customs procedure and in its dispute with the NCS over the importation of equipment into Nigeria.