OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
(a) Upstream and Related Corporate Law Transactions
• Marginal Field Arrangements – THRESHING FIELDS LAW advised on a significant number of awards in the industry at inception. Subsequently, we have continued to act for independents and new entrants into the Marginal Field Programme advising on structural divestments, acquisitions, and financing.
• We ensure that we are part of the growth and progression of each deal construct, from inception to negotiation with counterparties, pursuit of joint venture partner and/or Government consent (where applicable) and attendant advisory services on the entire transaction.
• Advised an International Oil Company in relation to matters affecting its relationship with its host community around its operational facility
( b) drilling companies
• Advised an American Drilling company in all matters relating to obtaining government permits for its operations, dealings with government’s agencies and ensuring compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
• Represented several clients in various Senate Committee hearings and House of Assembly Committee/Public Hearings relating to Nigerian Customs Service, Nigerian Ports Authority, NIMASA, Immigration, Ministry of Interior etc.
• Represented several clients before the Nigerian Customs Service, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, Department of Petroleum Resources, Nigerian Ports Authority, NIMASA and other Government agencies in relation to matters affecting their operations.
• Advised several foreign and local oil and gas companies on ongoing matters in their operations.